Microbiological labs deal with harmful and infectious agents. Facilities dealing with hazardous pathogens must take extreme precautions to prevent infection of microbiologists and lab technicians. Adequate precautions are also necessary to limit the contamination of the work environment and the community at large.
Kewaunee offers a complete range of microbiological laboratory services ranging from risk assessment to quarantine and isolation wards.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION GUIDELINES
BSL 1 Labs: BSL-1 labs are used to study infectious agents or toxins not known to consistently cause disease in healthy adult humans or animals.
BSL 2 Labs: BSL-2 laboratories are used to study moderate-risk infectious agents or toxins that pose a moderate danger if accidentally inhaled, swallowed, or exposed to the skin.
BSL 3 Labs: BSL-3 laboratories are used to study infectious agents or toxins that may be transmitted through the air and cause potentially lethal infections.
BSL 4 Labs: BSL-4 laboratories are used to study infectious agents or toxins that pose a high risk of aerosol-transmitted laboratory infections and life-threatening disease for which no vaccines or therapies are available.
Source: Public Health Emergency
Lab / Diagnostics Facilities
Kewaunee achieves various biosafety level (BSL 1, BSL 2 & BSL 3) laboratories design and construction, safety and protective equipment, and best-in-class laboratory practices. As a one-stop partner, Kewaunee BSL services offers a hassle-free and risk-mitigated containment project for you
- BSL 1, BSL 2 & BSL 3 Facilities
- Flexible Fixed & Mobile Units
- Standard & Special Practices
- Primary Barrier–Biosafety Cabinet, Face & Respiratory Protection, Clothing Protection
- Secondary Barrier–Lab Facility & Design
For BSL-4 facility design and support, please contact us
Isolation / Quarantine Facilities
Quarantine & isolation is an effective solution to control the spread of an epidemic caused by bioagents. Yet, quarantine strategy fails due to overcrowding, poor infrastructure, and unhygienic conditions. As a leading solutions providers in the healthcare and laboratory segment, Kewaunee offers a rapid quarantine facility:
- Install anywhere – 100% compatible rooms
- Get going in under 36 hours
- Re-model old and unused warehouses/buildings to isolation rooms
- Visible isolation rooms which are easy to supervise
- Split AC installed to maintain 25 °C
- Rooms have provision for oxygen supply and further customisable
- Rooms are designed for fumigation after every discharge